As part of the plan announced on October 31, 2013 to redesign its operational model and organisation, Sanoma has established Sanoma Digital at the start of 2014.
Sanoma Digital is focusing on pure-play digital assets in consumer media in Finland and The Netherlands, and includes brands such as oikotie.fi, NU.nl and kieskeurig.nl.
Sanoma Digital's foundation is being led by CEO John Martin, who is part of Sanoma's Executive Management Group. Martin will become CEO of Sanoma Learning later this year, as announced on October 31, 2013. His successor is currently being recruited.
Martin leads a newly appointed management team at Sanoma Digital including the following line positions:
- As COO Sanoma Digital - Finland Marja-Leena Tuomola focuses on online marketplaces such as Oikotie.fi, Huuto.net, Auto24.ee and MSO.fi represents Sanoma Digital in the management of Sanoma Media Finland
- Her Dutch counterpart Sander ten Dam is COO Sanoma Digital - Netherlands. His focus area is online performance-based media including Kieskeurig.nl, Startpagina.nl and Fashionchick and he will lead the internationalisation of key brands. Ten Dam represents Sanoma Digital in the management of Sanoma Media Netherlands
- As Director Digital Content, Sander Stallinga is responsible for the growth of Sanoma's pure-play digital content domains including NU.nl
- Lassi Kurkijärvi has been appointed as Director Innovation Lab and will lead the successful program of innovation accelerators and the development of internal ventures
- As Director SanomaVentures, Herman Kienhuis will continue to lead the external venturing arm at the company
- Finally, Ulla Kruhse-Lehtonen will drive initiatives to strengthen Sanoma's capabilities on insights & analytics as Vice President Customer Insight and Analytics
A complete overview of Sanoma Digital's management including Heads of Staff is available at Sanoma.com.
Sanoma Digital will work very closely with Sanoma's other media platforms to enable cross-media solutions for consumers and advertisers. To help achieve this, shared sales, insights & analytics and ICT teams are in place.
Get the world. Sanoma helps people access and understand the world.
We believe in a world full of opportunities, feelings, reactions and inspiration. A world that you can reach, influence, explore and share. We want to make it yours.
Sanoma is a front running consumer media and learning company in Europe. In Finland and The Netherlands we are the market leading media company with a broad presence across multiple media platforms. Our operating markets in Learning are Belgium, Finland, The Netherlands, Poland and Sweden. In 2012, Sanoma’s net sales totalled EUR 2.4 billion. Sanoma is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki stock exchange.